Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sushi


So Saturday I tried Sushi for the first time. I never thought in my life this is something I would eat. First reason being that I don't like seafood...pretty good reason. Second being I am a picky eater especially when it comes to the texture of food...and sushi being raw and all....pretty good reason. But I did in fact eat Sushi for the first time last night, so good quote to live by would be "never say never"! So how did I happen upon this new adventure of my life? Well my good friend Tyson convinced me that it would be a great idea. So we setup a time and place. We went to Shige on 8th and Main in Boise. The beginning of this adventure started out good. First thing Tyson did was explain to me the different kinds of Sushi and asked me what kind of fish I liked. Second thing he did was try and teach me how to use chop sticks...let me tell you this to was quite the experience ( I actually never got it down and ended up eating with a fork half way thru). Third we order our sushi (of course Tyson did the ordering) and we also order some fried chicken that they serve there. So one thing you should know about Tyson is he actually lived in Japan for 2yrs teaching English. So he pretty much knows what genuine Sushi should taste like, he also knows all the appropriate Japanese manners. The experience over all was good and I would try it again. The best part about the whole dinner was I got to catch up with my good friend and overall just have a wonderful time!


1 comment:

  1. You brave girl! I don't eat seafood either and I'm kind of chicken to try sushi! I'm sure one day my hubby will get me to try it.

    ReplyDelete