Last weekend the Institute was celebrating 50 years in Boise, Id. They had all sorts of events through out the weekend. The weekend was kicked off by a dance and the theme was dressing through out the decades...so we could choose anything from 50's to now...of course I chose the 80's because they are my favorite, plus I already had some cool clothing from a party I went to on New Years and I also was able to borrow some things from Janel!
Saturday Night: Special fireside with Brad Wilcox as the speaker! He was funny and a very good speaker...the funniest part was when he was telling us about when he told his wife that he had been asked to speak to us and she said "What are you speaking on?" He said " Turning Strengths into Weakness" she just said "Well you should know what that is all about" what he hadn't realized is that he said it backwards...what he meant was Turning Weakness into Strengths!
Sunday Night: ALEX BOYE= AMAZING!!!
Alex Boye is a man from London who was part of a British boy band and is now part of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! He was a convert to the Church at the age of 16! The most amazing part about Alex to me is that he just carries the Spirit with him! Being in his presence and listening to his story just make you want to be a better person! Not only is he an amazing speaker but he does have an amazing voice...he sang 'How Great Thou Art' and it was absolutely beautiful. In fact I have now been inspired to go buy his CD! I even got to go up to him after the fireside and thank him for coming and letting him know how much his words have inspired me!
Thank you Institute committee for all the hard work you put into this weekend it was GREAT!




Oh so CUTE! Looks like you had SO much fun :) Miss seeing you!
ReplyDelete