Important things to know when riding a dirt bike:
1. How to stop w/out falling
2. Turning sharp
3. Front brake is NOT always your friend...usually the back break is
4. Always look ahead of you...NOT directly in front of you
5. Doing the splits while showing off....WILL hurt
6. Do NOT be afraid and remember to ALWAYS have FUN!!
Picture above and below...are me doing #6 on the list...having fun taking pictures of myself while my Dad was working on my Mom's bike!!!
Dad before he decided to show off...LOL!!!
Dad doing #5...never a good idea...if you look at the picture carefully you will notice that one leg is over the bike (just look for the white) and the other leg is in front of the bike....ouch that hurts!
On this day him and I went out for about an hour so that he could teach me how to do #1, #2, #3, & #4 on the list! So the last picture he was showing me how quickly one can turn once they are comfortable...basically he was showing me how to do a switch back when all of sudden his foot that was on the ground slid out from under him...causing him to do the splits and hurting his knee!! He was alright after a couple days though!!! No worries!
Dad you are the are the best a girl could ask for thank you so much for taking the time to take me out and teach a few things...even though I know it was not your idea of having fun while riding! I love you!




Heidi, I have fun with you all the time especially when I'm on a dirt bike...Love ya Dad
ReplyDeleteP.S. No more crashing.