Roller blading is one of my all time favorite things to do!!!!
It all started when I was 4 yrs old. My parents had gotten me my first pair of roller skates for my 4th birthday! They were a white boot with blue wheels! As a family we went skating at least once a week for my entire child hood. When I was 8 I got my first pair of roller blades. they were black with green wheels and purple/black/green laces. The older I got the more it became something that just my Dad, sister and I would do. For some reason my brother and mom don't like it as well as us! :) My favorite thing to do was the RACES!!!! I was pretty fast and I really enjoyed it, eventually I got on to the speed skating team and then thats when I got my favorite pair of roller blades ever. They are a fiberglass boot with 5 wheels and wicked fast bearings in them. We had to cook those boots in 350 degree oven and then strap them on my feet (which were covered in 2 pairs of socks) this was done so that the boot was custom fitted to my foot. The best part of these skates, my parents were smart and bought them a tad bit big, so they still fit me to this day! I really enjoyed the days of competion and some days I miss them.
One of our traditions after skating during public sessions was to go to Artic Circle and get scotch and sodas or cherry scotch and sodas. If you have never had one of these you need to try one! They are the best!
So in August I tried getting a group of people together to go skating and the group thing didn't work out too well...but I did get my Dad (of course) and Liah to come! It was still tons of fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment